guess who spoke to benjamin law.

by charlotte guest. 

Warning: this is a shameless name-drop. I'm fully aware that it's tactless and in bad taste, but it's irresistible. I shall be telling my children, my children's children and so on, that I sent an email to Benjamin Law. 
 
In case an ignoramus slipped past security, let me toss a condescending note their way. Benjamin Law is a writer, a writer for Frankie Magazine and The Smith Journal, among other things. He has also been “short-listed” (who cares what for). The only thing I've ever been short-listed for is the Most Pretentious Public Book-Reading Award (my entry: War and Peace).

He speaks the truth, brothers.

So there I am, an intern, expecting to shred paper and ask questions like “do you take sugar?”. But that doesn't happen, instead I'm handed real publishing house duties. In fact, I am called upon as chief correspondent with Benjamin, the inside man, the messenger who would never get shot because Benji would never do that.

My email was a gushing mess of border-line inappropriate flattery, but I don't care.

I read the draft, people, the manuscript. I got to put a little red dot on Benjamin's essay because there was an accidental comma instead of a semi colon. That's right, I made a correction.

I can't tell you what the essay was about, or the nitty-gritty of our email correspondence, because that's strictly confidential, it's between me and Benji Bumkins, so back off.

When the piece is ready for the public, I'll let you know.



related posts.

decipher me by charlotte guest

an open letter to the man getting a sex change by charlotte guest