leaving the windows open.

by blaze edwards 

No one ever told me it would be so hard, choosing. 

I sit at my computer, a throne of possibilities, Sia gently singing me into bliss. I was feigning indifference.  

High school. The warm blanket that your grandma knitted, so comfortable, slightly mismatched and slightly scratchy, but familiar.



University. The most frightening and exciting thing that rattles me in my boots, to this very day. Out there, not too far out of my reach, only a few months away.

Stepping off the perch of comfort is not only frightening, but probably unhealthy. It is impossible to choose your future career over the internet in a matter of months. And apparently feeling blasé (notice-quasi-witty-name-word-play) / pushing the thought into oblivion doesn't help.

So what to choose? I've decided that picking out of a hat is the most responsible choice. I'm secretly hoping that in that hat my hand will find a time-conscious white rabbit that I can follow into Wonderland.

But alas, this is not the case, as my name is not Alice nor do I own a large enough hat to contain a rabbit.

I've always considered fame an easy option. I decided not long ago that I would indeed become famous instead of doing an under-graduate degree. Fingers are crossed that I will be discovered with my acoustic guitar in the near future from my bedroom. I always leave my window open for possible music producers who might wander past to hear me.

Putting my brink-of-fame aside, I think that I will continue to ponder my possible, very scary future every night, sleeplessly... until 10pm.




related posts.

what to do with an arts degree by kimberley veart

things to fill your universe with by charlotte guest